- Decide on a start page for your project. This can be the form
page or a page to which the form page is linked. If possible the URL for
the start page should not change during the semester.
- The form(s) should be "user-friendly". That means users must know what
the different options, buttons, links and so on mean. The content of the
pages should be presented clearly and consistently. Images, colors
and graphics (if you are using them)
should be relevant and not distracting. The text should
be spell- and grammar-checked.
- All pages should have some information on what they are about (eg.
project name) and who is responsible for them (eg. mailto link or address
tag at the bottom of the page)
- Dependent pages should have back buttons or "home" links.
- If your class project is related to/part of some other project (or
your job), you should make it really clear what is done by you or
by other people.
Optional: Some hints concerning search engines:
If you are building a search engine for your class project, have
a look at these pages:
CLICK ON "advanced" on this page
Excite advanced search
Yahoo advanced search
You probably won't have as many options as the IUB search engine
but I would expect everybody to implement at least two options (such
as Boolean "AND" and "OR" or two search categories). Check out how
the first two in the list
implement Boolean searches without using the terms "AND"
and "OR". Whatever options you choose to implement, they must
be well explained to the user.