CO32034 Server Administration, Spring 2005
This module covers:
- Basic Unix
- Linux administration
- MySQL database administration
- Apache Web Server administration
- Non-Linux OS
- 1 hour lecture
- 2 hour tutorial
The tutorials involve using a simulated Linux server. You will be
administering your own server!
- The coursework/exam weighting is 50/50.
- The coursework instructions will be released in week 4 or 5.
The coursework is due at the end of week 9.
- The exam consists of 20 short-answer questions.
(Note: the resit exam consists of 3 essay questions (to be selected
out of 5 questions).)
Recommended for general admin:
Evi Nemeth et al: Unix System Administration Handbook
Third Edition, Prentice Hall, ISBN 0-13-020601-6.
On campus: Lab B56 (Linux), MACs in JKCC (but these are not
On line: DCS/Selene/Titan, Linux emulator used in the tutorials
At home: you can download Linux on a CD and run it (without